Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

s&w 648 review

S&w 648 Review - Sometimes it's good to be reminded that life still pleasantly surprises you. When I went to the FFL to pick up two T&E revolvers, I had no idea that not one but two revolvers from S&W were waiting for me. I was also amazed at how carefully my friend saw the three stainless steel wheel guns on the counter, and how before I started filling the 4473 she asked "Should I send it?" Finally, I am very surprised how much I

Smith & Wesson's recently introduced Model 648 is a .22 WMR revolver built in a mid-size K-frame. As mentioned by the "6" in its name, the construction is made of stainless steel. Unlike the previous version of the 648, the 8-shooter is the 648-2. Let's take a closer look at this gun in detail.

S&w 648 Review

S&w 648 Review

The barrel on the 648-2 is six inches long and is only available in that length. The heavy barrel also has a full-length sublug, the combination of which—and the lack of as much metal as the .22 bore—makes the barrel incredibly strong. This adds a lot of weight to the gun, and results in a rifle-heavy feel. Although I feel it is suitable for sale as a rifle in a revolver, the rifle does not recoil. The top of the barrel is serrated with a flush cut, and the base has iron before sighting the beams.

Smith & Wesson Brings Back Model 648 .22 Magnum Revolver :: Guns.com

The barrel blends easily into the average rifle frame. The highest point of the strip is subjected, and then the flash is cut. The top of the strap also incorporates rear side housings, which I will discuss more in a moment. The frame window looks a little longer than I expected, the heavy housing flattens out to meet the cylinder. The left side of the unit has the standard details: the release column, the S&W factory logo, and of course, the loc. Despite the delay, this is a nice looking revolver.

A cylinder is the smallest octagon, reduced by holes, rounded. The ejector rod prepares to throw the seat

Long handle, .22 magnum one cylinder. I did not measure the ejector rod tension. This gun is not suitable for shooting lightning; So I will talk about continuity.

The grip is now the standard S&W rubber grip. I didn't care for the big N-Frame 610 at all. I really liked the smaller K-Frame. It provided the perfect diameter for my hand, and the grooves are smooth enough that it doesn't interfere with a strong hand.

S&w 686 International Any Reviews, Thoughts?

The cat itself is not bad, it is a broad and flexible system. On the other hand, the trigger is a bit too much for my taste. I measured half a dozen pulls on my Timney trigger pull meter. The average double action pull was 13 pounds. This is the course of some battery triggers, and the course of larger rimfires. However, even the 648 was heavy enough to completely eliminate fire failures.

The single-action bridge was a little more friendly at 4.5 pounds. The field sights, long barrel, and rimfire chamber seemed to lend themselves to "target" shooting, so I used the 648 occasionally with a wide hammer. Although I shot it mostly in double action, the cartoon made single action shooting especially interesting. A single-action trigger breaks very nicely, which seems to be the trend with the last three S&W revolvers I've had my hands on this year.

I cannot say enough good things about the sights on this revolver. At the same time, there is not much about them. The rear sight is a standard S&W adjustable rear sight. The back is missing the white mold for a completely black-and-white image, which suits me best.

S&w 648 Review

Simple black front sight, sharp, butterfly style. When I saw the last one, I was presented with a beautiful and beautiful picture, which I was very pleased with. This combination, together with the simple actuation of the trigger, allows for a certain degree of eye accuracy.

S&w 648 Or 48

By evaluation the S&W 648 sessions fired seven rounds of .22 WMR. Seven of these other loads were CCI/Speer, Federal, Hornady, and Winton. As I like every firearm to defend its purpose, I wanted to like the dedicated defense bars from Horandy, Speer, and Winton.

The more I work with modern S&W revolvers, the more impressed I am with them. The accuracy of the S&W 648 was exceptional. It was easy to chew the hole out to 15 yards flat, the product was undoubtedly due to the height, extended sight radius, great visibility, and great unique trigger action.

And speaking of simple action triggers, I decided to shoot the rings in one action. Since the 648-2 is not primarily a self-defense revolver, I find it acceptable, although I am still biased. My first Pro Recorder group was shot with a 40 grain spear in a new barrel gold dot hollow point. This bar came in an incredible 1 1/2 inch size - I couldn't double the size with another bar.

Out of curiosity I decided to try the same load twice in action at the same distance. The group itself is not widely seen, but it is instructive. It conveys the weight of the Stimulus 648s better than words alone. Not only is the ball more than twice the size (3 1/2″), but it also has right and left threads.

Best .22 Magnum Revolver: Buyer's Guide (2022)

Two other loads are available for groups: Horndy's 45-grain FTX Defense Critical load, and Winton's 40-grain PDX-1 load. Both performed very well, although nothing came close to the first group with Spear Gold Dots. I was able to print 3 1/4 inch groups with the Horandi Critical Defense bar.

The Winchester's spread was the largest of any load I put in at about 4 inches. But including the flight, it's definitely my fault. The exhaust flight circle is very narrow at 2 3/16 inches.

True to form with rimfires - and despite the heavy trigger - I experienced three misfires. I tested each with three defense loads: Winton's PDX-1, Horndy's Defense Critical, and Spear's Gold Dot. On the second round, all the shots were fired. This is a bit disappointing, but then again, not entirely unexpected.

S&w 648 Review

There is another area of ​​loyalty that I will address: Exclusion. so that the liquid never flows out of the empty cases. The ejector rod is almost full length and the brass always ejects cleanly. However, I constantly had problems with dust collecting under the star extractor. This is where I run short of defensive ammunition again. Even more "short barrel" ammunition does not seem to burn its own powder, leading to "crude under the stars" techniques.

S&w M&p9 Shield M2.0 9mm 3.1in

It was a useful thing, not really once. This happens with all ammunition tested. Almost every day when I took a brass barrel, enough dirt accumulated under the star to make it impossible to close the cylinder. At this point, I don't expect this roller to slow down at any speed, even if faster speeds are eventually available for it (as far as I know, no one is speeding for the 648).

He strikes out of the light and repeats the technique under the star, and finally runs the gun. If I use it with any serious design, considering the 648 eight hundred guns, and not in any hurry to replace the design.

It's a pity that cleaning between each thread of fire under the star extract is a bit of fun. It became very boring and discouraged me from long sessions with this revolver. If it weren't for that I probably would have run the gun well beyond the normal 500 rounds because it was so much fun to shoot.

Since I've used several modern, defense-oriented loads in the long-range 648-2, I wanted to get some idea of ​​their velocity. Defensive defenses only do so within a given speed window. Some .22 heavy loads seem to deviate from this. For example, the Harendy bar has the velocity of both handguns

Pdf) A Review Of Quetiapine In Combination With Antidepressant Therapy In Patients With Depression

Gun, probably refers to the use of both (?). The Winchester bar only offers one speed, but the spread speed is still better than what I remember from the 648. Out of curiosity I also chrono'd a 30 grain Hornady V-MAX.

These findings are interesting. The speed with Spear Gold is almost 20% higher than the advertised speed. As the Gold Dot is specifically designed for "short barrels", I would probably avoid using this load in the 648 for anything other than target shooting. The Hornady bar is 178 FPS above the published handgun velocity, but still 500 FPS slower than its rifle velocity.

Winton's load appears in his spread velocity window, which makes me wonder what rifle Winton used during the PDX-1 load speed test. If I push the S&W 648-2 into a defensive role I

S&w 648 Review

S&w victory review, s&w 617 review, s&w 5906 review, s&w 329pd review, s&w baton review, s&w sd9 review, s&w 648, s&w mp15 review, s&w 627 review, s&w 642 review, s&w 327 review, 500 s&w review

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code